Center for Innovation in Sleep Self-Management
- April 2019: “Interactive Technologies to Improve Sleep in Pediatric & Adult Populations”
- Research on Self-Management in Pediatric Diabetes – Dr. Margaret Grey
- Web-Based Interventions for Chronic Pain in Youth – Dr. Tonya Palermo
- Human-Centered Design of Sleep Technology – Dr. Julie Kientz
- April 2018: “Social Media for Self-management in Patients with Chronic Conditions”
- Supporting Self-Management: Just-In-Time Adaptive Sleep Intervention Using mHealth – Dr. Bambang Parmanto’s
- Smartphone “Apps” to Support Sleep Self-Management: Review and Evaluation – Yong Choi’s presentation
- Panel discussion
- April 2017: “Sleep Health Self- & Shared-Management: Measurement & Study Design Considerations” with Dr. Terri Weaver (external advisory board member) and Dr. Erica Johnson (Seattle Children’s Hospital).
- Kantrowitz-Gordon, I. “Losing Sleep for Midwifery.” Guest lecturer in NURS 573, Foundations of Advanced Practice Nursing, November, 2018. University of Washington, School of Nursing, Seattle, WA.
- Kitsiou, S. “iCardia: An Innovative mHealth Platform” presentation with Dr. Zaslavsky, Pilot Project PI, April 2018. University of Washington, School of Nursing, Seattle, WA.
- Moore, S. “Advances in the Science of Self-Management” Podium Presentation, University of Washington, School of Nursing, April 2017. Seattle, WA.
- McCurry S. “Sleeping well, naturally” Podium Presentation, University House, October 2017. Seattle, WA.
- McCurry S. “CBT for insomnia: A practical update”, Swedish Medical Center Sleep Center, November 2017. Seattle, WA.
- Landis C. “Tips for Better Sleep” Podium Presentation, Hearthstone Retirement Home, March 2018. Seattle, WA.
- Ward TM, Klee K, Chen ML, Yuwen W. “Sleep in hospitalized Parent-Child Dyads,” Podium Presentation Western Institute of Nursing, April 2018 Spokane, WA.
- Wang PL, Parsons E & Ward TM. “Sleep Deficiency and Symptom Clusters in Acute Lung Injury Patients”, Podium Presentation, Western Institute of Nursing, April 2018. Spokane, WA.
- Fall, 2018: Burr R. “Actigraphy in Nursing Research”, Robert L. Burr, MSEE, PhD (Actigraphy course lead).
- Winter 2018: “Health behavioral change intervention that incorporate self-management strategies” bi-weekly seminars for our graduate students, post doctoral fellows, faculty, staff, and interdisciplinary colleagues. This was led by Dr. Ward.
- Williamson J. “The Influence of Sleep on Health and Well Being” Guest Speaker Presentation, Tacoma Community College, Jan 2018. Tacoma, WA.
- Williamson J. “The Importance of Sleep” Guest Speaker Presentation, Yacolt Primary School, March 2018. Yacolt, WA.